We have a vacancy in the lab for a malacologist to support a SENACYT funded project on ecological and environmental change in Tropical American seas.
The position is for 18 months and pay is at the post-doctoral level. The position will be based at the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute in Panama, with a visit to the Stable Isotope Geosciences Facility at Texas A&M to conduct stable isotope analyses with Dr. Ethan Grossman
The successful candidate should have
- A good understanding of paleontology and/or marine ecology with a focus on malacology
- A solid publication record commensurate with position and experience
- Good command of written and spoken English
- The ability and motivation to develop their own research program
Candidates with a PhD, experience in stable isotopes, sea-going and SCUBA dive experience, and good spoken and written Spanish will be at an advantage.
To apply send a single pdf that contains the following to Aaron O’Dea (email@example.com) before the 7th of April 2017.
- A cover letter describing your research interests
- Current CV that includes the names and email addresses of three people willing to act as referees
- A maximum of three papers or other products relevant to your application
For more information please contact Aaron O’Dea.